R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - No brakes.
Thread: No brakes.
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 04:13 AM
blowpopracer
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
On my old hyper 7 I never had a whole lot of braking power. With my radio set at its highest settings, it was barely enough to slow the car down, locking up the tires is only a dream. I always assumed the brake system on the car was just weak. I just purchased a Kyosho 777 WC with the ferodo brake pads on it. And yet again with radio at full throw my brakes still barely slow the car. Is a Z590 servo just not enough torque for the brakes???? I always assumed 90 ounces would be fine for brakeing. I have a airtronics 357 for steering and I intend on getting a faster and stronger servo for the throttle/brake in the future, but I am just wondering if the servo is the problem or is it something else?
1st make sure the brake pads and disks are fairly clean. If they are the servo could be the problem but a 590 should be enough. If you still cant get good brakes it sounds like your linkage may be the problem. I switch all my vehicles over to the dynamite linkage system because hands down it is the easiest to adjust. You can get it for around $10 and that may help your situation. keep us posted on what you did to make it work.