R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 09:42 AM
nc-hopsing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

OK.........So this past weekend at Round 3 of the JBRL, I got to do some in car testing of the new Trinity Mystery motor for the Murfdogg Team. Unfortunately, the track conditions werent the best to really get the full effect of the motor, but from what I can tell so far the motor seems very promising (at least in 2wd buggy).

It is an RPM motor, so gearing started out 2 teeth below what I normally ran a CO27 based motor. I ended up going up a tooth from there. The motor felt like it had some good power throughout. Even in the 100 deg weather we had, after a 6 minute main event, the motor came off the track at around a 145 deg and never felt like it was dropping off in power. It may even still take some more gear. We'll give it another go at Revelation for Round 4. The track conditions will be better and the track a little bigger. Lets see if we can get it to stretch its legs a bit.

Overall, I liked the motor. I finished 2nd in Exp 2wd stock with it, and even ran it in 2wd MOD and finished 2nd as well

We'll keep doing some testing and let you guys know how it goes.

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 05-20-2008 at 11:01 AM.