R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FASTEST .28?????????????
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morati
So You're the owner of those vids! I've watched the one of the MBX5T with the modded STS probably 20 times. Do you own the Hyper as well as the Mugen? Sorry for the off topic question but which truggy do you prefer? Are you also recommending the OS mill?

Yes those are my video's !!! I own both the Hyper and Mugen as well..... Right now I definitely prefer driving my Hyper...I find the Hyper turns much better, as well I find that its more predictable on the track.. All in all I find the Hyper much easier to drive, it goes where you want it to go and doesn't seem as picky on setup... Its really odd to say this, but I find the Hyper requires much less steering input to navigate the track, you can point the Truggy down the straight and let off the controller and the Truggy will track straight as an arrow.. I found my Mugen likes to dance and float all over the track, and somewhat had a mind of its own.. I always found my Mugen wanted to push really badly unless you threw it into the corners, You almost had to plan your turns in advance to get the machine to turn...the Hyper on the other hand turns on a dime with zero push.. Hell I was running mine today with toe-in to make it easier to open up down the straight.If i put toe-in on my Mugen it would push like a Mofo...

Oh the Mugen is a faster chassis tho, the Hyper is big and heavy, so it requires a little more motor then the Mugen does.....Also I am having much better luck with clutches on the Hyper then with the Mugen, I guess the stiffer chassis of the Hyper puts less stress on the clutch... ..