R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - the new/off brand companies....
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 07:02 PM
vnmsgt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think you are thinking about this too much. I am just like you and like to run what nobody has. I have had a Robitronic Mantis, Robitronics Protos, Redcat Hurricane, Redcat Monsoon, and along with others I now have a Caster Racing K8T and ZX1-R and just got my OCM's in. I run every week sometimes twice a weak and have never had a LHS carry these brands I ran except for the redcat. I have never had a problem at all with needing parts either. All I ever order extra are front shock shafts, front lower a-arms and lower rear a-arms, hinge pins and shock rod ends. That pretty much covers most things you might have a problem with and only costs about a extra 50-60 bucks or so. Most LHS more than likely will not have the part you need in stock and will have to order it anyways if you do not get it ahead of time so it really makes no difference if you have a name brand or so called off brand because you will have to order parts. That is my opinion. Most people nowadays are ordering all there stuff online because they get it faster then if there LHS orders it. I get all my stuff in 2-3 days everytime from Caster racing! You will not even get that in alot of larger online stores!