R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - servo troubles...
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 05:52 PM
new to rc cars
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pracy
ok

what style of batteries are you using? nimh pack or normal batteries?

you are correct in saying if its operating you trottle it should operate you steering as long as you have removed the plastic horn off your servo as the steering rack and wheels add a lot of extra weight on the servo and required more power. even more so if the saver is set too tight or somethign in binding in you steering setup...

next step is to remove the servo and rx and battery pack (only takes 2mins) and operate them outside of the buggy.

I have the mbx5r so i can pictures you easily as ours are the same servo saver etc..

check you have the wiring plugged in in the correct direction, there are not any break or shorts (touching metal). its a major advantage taking the servo out as it corrects any shorts you may have if you sit it on a wood table or something similar...

if none of this working and the wiring is fine and you are sure the gears are fine ( you can hear if they're not) then take it back to you LHS and get a warranty replacement as it must be the control board.

it would not hurt to open the servo up and check the gears but if you holding it in hand and you can't feel a snigle vibration hen you operate your control its not going to be gears it must either be your wiring or the control board.
Nimh pack, 1600 mah.

It has nothing to do with my servo saver... I think.

Its got to be the wiring, it doesnt attempt to move or anything, but I can force it to move so its not jammed up, sounds normal when I force it.

as much as I dont want to take the radio box all apart again.. I will.

Like I said, everything was working fine, Black on the far right, I drove the car for about 5 mins, almost a whole tank, then the steering KIND of cut out... a few seconds later the steering was full right and my car kept going in circles and I couldnt steer out of it.

I will take the servo out now and take a look at the wires, theres a very good chance its that.

ill post in about 10 mins with my status.

Thank you for all the help, my friend gets off work soon! lol