R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - A quick Novarossi Plus21 question
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 04:09 AM
thecman26
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
Problem is I've had bad luck with the VG's. One of them the crank walks back and forth about 4mm and hits the crankcase internally. The other one developed a front bearing leak that was horrible. Both less than a gallon. Then my awesome 3 port Novarossi 21BF broke the con rod bushing into pieces after about 5 gallons. And apparently this is to be expected from that 3 port. All that and I'm much improved from last year, so it's time for the next step up. I think the 3 port might be holding me back slightly. I'll find out though. The 21BF is getting refreshed for a backup, so the 5 port can be the big race engine. If the Plus21 is too much I can always let off the trigger. LOL.
I hear ya man! Well if money was no object, then I would recommend the C6.. $339 on amain for the turbo version, motor only... Mated to an RB 2045 pipe is absolutely SINFULL (powermad).. . Why do ya think I bought one..... But seriously you cant go wrong with a P5, cool has a few in his bag of tricks... Also any of the JP motors are excellent!