R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin X1 - so close yet so far
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 01:49 PM
huskerfreak
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPMSRacing
X1X-CR I thought was a big let down, Ofna needs to make a Pro kit with all the hop ups. I would rather see a kit without tires and wheels and include the team lightened chassis, lightened out drives, one piece engine mount, alum. rear hubs, and the new center diff mounts that apply pressure to the center of the brake shoe than the side of the shoe. After buying the kit and seeing what was in it, I had to spend another 200 bucks to get just a few hop ups, still need some more, and now I have tire and wheels, chassis, outdrives, yellow wing, etc. new that I have no use for.
Mugen sure has the racers in mind when they put a kit together and call it a Pro kit. To bad they dont handle like a Jammin.
Can you tell me why you need all that lighten stuff?? Most all off road engines sold now have more power than a car track or driver can handle so why would you need all the lighten drive line stuff it just wear out that much quicker. As for a lighten chassis don't understand that either why would you lighten the item of the car that sits the lowest of any thing. The car is already fairly light to begin with. And again most motors supply more than enough power.

The only viable option you said would be the rear alminum up rights and center diff mount. The rest is crap for poeple like you that think that you need it to go fast but it doesn't make you any faster.

Whats the price difference between the Mugen and the Jammin that makes a bit of a difference and what does it matter if the Jammin handles better.