R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CEN Matrix TR
Thread: CEN Matrix TR
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 02:41 PM
TRArena
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Stimey131
Does anybody know if the 17mm wheel hex that comes on the Matrix buggy will fit the Matrix TR. I want to switch to running the proline LPR's. I aso have a question about tire mounting. I read through the instructions for the proline MTR crimefighters and it says to put 2 small dimond shape holes on oppisite sides of the tire. Is this something that needs to be done? It seems to me if i put a small hole in the tire it will just be a place for the tire to start tearing itself apart at high speeds or will they be fine. I already have two 3/16 holes in my wheels on oppisite sides isn't that enough. Thanks for your help guys.
you can use the matrix buggy 17mm axles (and no shimming will be required). The only issue is cost as although the rear buggy axles are sold seperately, you can't buy the front axles without purchasing the whole front universal (at about USD$27 per side!). Here's a link for the conversion (credit to dahlelama) -

http://www.rcmodz.com/cgi-bin/ikonbo...ST;f=33;t=1555

The holes in your tyres are to reduce 'bounce' - helps your handling if the tyres have a little 'give'. I keep a spare set of tyres without holes that i use in wet weather as when water gets in the foam inserts it can distort the shape, adds weight and takes ages to dry.