R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Walt
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDezPirate
what kind of brake discs your using? I use carbon fiber from matrix and it does pretty well.. it lets them slide til it gets warm. kinda like abs system.
The original 'green' disks that came with my car worked well for a long time, then I started to chase an off-power (light braking) push. I eventually realized it was the front brake causing the problem. I then changed EVERYTHING that has anything to do with the front brakes, but I could not get the problem to go away.

Eventually, out of desparation, I started to change everything again, one part at a time, and this time when I changed out the new brake disk with another new brake disk, the problem went away.

I recently switched over to the Losi 'heavy duty' brake disks (losa3542), and those have worked fine for me so far.

Since discovering this problem I have helped two drivers at my local track who had the same front brake problem, and I think I've identified at least one former Losi owner who probably gave up on the car because of this problem when he couldn't figure it out.