R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Question for the racers. V. Turn entry.
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 10:16 AM
gubbs3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Furadi
Anyway, I was just curious because people seem to make a big deal about brake bias... so that got me wondering if people are really even using it. I know I don't. I just have my brakes set to not lock and its probably about a 50/50 bias. But since I do all of my braking before the turn it doesn't matter.
I adjust brake bias frequently. There is not one specific setting which is going to be faster than another. It's just about the feel. I usually run about 40/60 front/rear. That way my buggy brakes a little more like my gas truck so transitioning between the two goes a little more smoothly. Which brake bias you choose may depend on the style of driving you do. If you brake early, then turn, heavy front brake will get you slowed down the fastest without sliding the rear end around. The opposite is also true, late braking sliding into the corners is better with more rear brake.

I find that tracks that have a lot of 180's require the slide in power out method. A technical, twisting track where there are a lot of wide turns and switchbacks can benefit from keeping the back end of the car settled.