R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Byrons Gen 2 or Odonnell race blend
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 11:14 AM
rcdude69
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Byrons has more experience making fuel, and makes more fuel, than most of the other brands put together. Their mixing facilities are computer controlled and were built specificially for blending fuel.
It takes long term exposure to UV rays to break down nitro molecules. Most people use their fuel quick enough that UV exposure is not even an issue. Whats more common and causes fuel to go bad quicker than anything else, is the methanol absorbing moisture from the air. How well does that "White" bottle keep moisture out of the fuel??......yes moisture can pass thru the plastic bottle. As far as the dyes go, I couldn't say wheather Byrons adds dyes or not, but I highly doubt it. I really don't care what color my fuel is, as long as it works like it's supposed too.
I know what your thinking..."your just pushing Byrons because your sponsored by them"......Well, I would push Byrons regardless if I was sponsored by them or not. I've used Byrons fuel in airplanes and helicopters as far back as 1990, and I never gave it a second thought as to what fuel I was going to run in my nitro cars and trucks. The GEN2 fuel does everthing Byrons says it will do. I have leaned my engines as much as 3 hours and the engines still run cooler than they did before.....and thats with 2% less oil. And, in addition, the less oil thats in the fuel, the more completely and efficiently the fuel will burn in the combustion chamber, effectively gaining better fuel mileage.