R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What would you guys recommend for practice/play tires?
Old 04-24-2008, 02:34 PM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Black
Furadi- Of course I am going to be bias because I am sponsored by them, however the Werks tires last forever. My local track has a big annual race every year and the track gets EXTREMElY blue grooved and I got about 15 tanks on a set of stubs (they look like holeshots) before they started to wear. That was also in the soft compound. You should really give them a shot. We also have lugs which look like crimefighters, and or the W's which is a hybrid of crimefighters and bowties.
I don't know that I would describe them like he did (Lugs have a higher pin count than most tires, and the carcass is flatter than a bowtie, but not as flat as a crimefighter,) but I did put 4 races on a set before they showed much wear. Traction is decent too. I've seen guys clip the outer and inner row of pins like they do with Crimefighters, they say it works well, but I haven't tried it.