R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Does price indicate quality and would you buy again???
Old 04-16-2008, 09:15 PM
zapmike
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My 2cents...Ive only raced the mugen, losi, and associated (currently running the associated) if i had to sum up my driving experience with these cars for you it would go something like this... Losi 8ight, Awesome car when traction is good-extremely good, below average and frustrating when traction is down. Associated rc8, more stable than the losi, accelerates awesome, feels driveable in most conditions but still an aggressive car. Mugen Mbx5r..hands down the most easy to drive car of the 3, runs great on just about any track condition, and is easy to put down smooth consistent laps. The Mugen is just more planted and easier to drive than the other 2 cars, though i think alot of mugen drivers are going to more aggresive cars like the losi and the rc8 to get faster hope this helps.

Mike

p.s. i have put over 200$ in king headz hopups on my rc8 for peace of mind. the stock cast knuckles on the rc8 are of poor quality. if you go the rc8 route, do yourself a favor and at least buy the king headz knuckles