R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reedy!
Thread: Reedy!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maybell
Rick,

Just curious what connector you are using? I was thinking of trying the Traxxas connector or good ol' Deans...
I use Deans. The TRX should be good or even the golt tube type connectors as long as you are careful about polarity.

Originally Posted by metalracer2
well i ran the stockstar last night and it ran great. i ran it with the suggested gearing, it was a little on the hot side but i heard they like to run hot.
Great! The best place to check for heat is the brushes and commutator. If the motor feels hot, but the comm and brushes look good (no discoloration), you are geared correctly.

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
just wanted to say i ran the stockstar at the first JBRL, qual'd and finished 4th in the A-main (the mains went all the way to D). Ran pretty good as ive said, just wish i had more tuning options via brushes. Cant the existing compounds be had in larger blocks/chunks and cut to the dimensions as the stockstar brushes? That would be sweet, some stockstar 767 compounds...or something...

anyways keep up the good work
Great result! Brush development continues. Some ofthe vendors we have used have changed hands so it is like we are starting over from scratch in rfegards to brushes and compounds. So it is taking longer than expected. But hopefully we will have something this summer.