R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 07:33 PM
GTMilenko
Tech Regular

Originally posted by KiwiKid
I actually didn't run anything when I was in Auckland. Only picked up the hobby since I came to Singapore. Now I run mainly Tamiya and use Tamiya Stock Type-T (which are 23 turn motors). Also have 2 brushless systems - a Novak and a Schulze. The cars, batteries, motors, electronics etc are far more affordable over here in Singapore than back in NZ. Do you and your fellow racers buy your stuff locally or do you purchase from overseas (like HK and Japan?)

I have a five month old baby now so have not had any track time for over 2 1/2 months. (Only get to build my cars up for display when my baby is sleeping).
haha, i know the feeling, i'm a full time dad as well. my son is 15 months old.hes into RC aswell, he marshalls my mini-z, and every time he see's my EVO he goes "ooowwww"
i order ALL my gear from rainbowten and hobbymania, but everyone else buy's locally and pays double the prices(dumb ass's) i hate my country, can't wait to get outta here! the taxes are crazy! the're even bringing in what they call fat tax! you get taxed for buying macdoanlds and BK its maddness!
congrat's on your new baby btw.