R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 06:30 AM
schreff
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jla8874
Can someone please advise me on diff lube? I'm rebuilding mine with ceramic balls, but my question is brown or clear grease, front or rear? On the setup sheets it does not list rear diff lube, I noticed Schreff uses the brown on the front. I'm running foams on carpet. Whats the best way to go? Also, if anyone can suggest a lube they like better than Losi please tell me? One other thing as far as thrust lube, I have that little tub with the red lid of that HPI gray-ish black looking grease, would that work well for the thrust race or no?
Lemme help ya with that...

First off, diff grease...

I always use brown grease in the front diff on carpet. I did a lot of testing with both normal clear stuff (both Losi and AE) and I kept going back to Losi brown grease. Reason being is the car always had enough corner entry, but the mid corner to exit, it had some understeer. Brown grease helped that tremendously. The car didn't give up much on entry and turned more through the mid-exit and it's easier to drive since it's a slower reacting diff. The rear diff, I always use either Losi or AE clear grease. Nothing special there.

Thrust bearing lube... AE black grease. Nothing else, through all my testing, works better. The gray grease from HPI breaks down too easy.