R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 05:43 PM
KiwiKid
Tech Regular

I actually didn't run anything when I was in Auckland. Only picked up the hobby since I came to Singapore. Now I run mainly Tamiya and use Tamiya Stock Type-T (which are 23 turn motors). Also have 2 brushless systems - a Novak and a Schulze. The cars, batteries, motors, electronics etc are far more affordable over here in Singapore than back in NZ. Do you and your fellow racers buy your stuff locally or do you purchase from overseas (like HK and Japan?)

I have a five month old baby now so have not had any track time for over 2 1/2 months. (Only get to build my cars up for display when my baby is sleeping).

Originally posted by GTMilenko
thanx.
i believe it is 27 turn(but not really sure", its a johnson 540, we all use these motors in our "open stock class"
i think they go pretty well,heaps of torque i gear it a 4.5 and they seem to last about 3months before they start losing alot of perfomance.
i don't think anyone is aloud to run 23turn motors(unless in mod) there is a "pro stock class" but i'm pretty sure they are all 27turn.

what did you run when you where in auckland?