R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 09:13 AM
madjack
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: sad times

Originally posted by GTMilenko
sorry i disagree, mine is at 4.6, and it flies! the tracks i run on are medium to small. trust me, its not slow exiting corners,i have plenty of punch out of the corners.
and it goes REALLY fast down the straight. i would think you would be getting alot of wheelspin out of corners if you go higher(higher number) that 4.8? maybe you have much more traction on your track?
these johno's are the only motors i've ever used in my evo so i have tried a few different ratio's.
btw my motor only ever gets warm never hot.
on another note i'd like to mention i got 2 wins a second and a 3rd with my EVO today. not to shabby aye? considering i've only been racing for 6 months. i sure am glad i didn't buy a X-Ray!
GTMilenko,

I'm surprised that your motor does not get that hot at 4.6? I recently raced in a TCS GT3 class and those who geared below 4.8 were slugs off the corner...and VERY hot by the end of their heat. (I was geared at 5.1 and my motor was border line as far as temp goes) As for performance, I would consider the car fast, Qual. time were good enough to have grid me mid pack in the A main in the GT2 class (24' stock).

I wonder... are we calculating final drive in the same manner? (spur/pinnion x internal ratio = final drive ratio)

As for the track, it was large with good grip. (see pic)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	imagereedy016.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	16727  

Last edited by madjack; 07-13-2003 at 09:28 AM.