R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 11:05 AM
tomracing
Tech Adept

ok i just build the pro spec diff for the first time and thought you guys might like to hear about it
to me it was a bit more difficult then the previous version but that could be lack of experiance.
the 1/16 thrust balls are definatly more tricky to handle and there are eight needed to go around the thicker diff screw.
the ceramic 3mm balls are very nice and and so is the new pulley
most critical i find is that the plastic(pom i think) outdrives feels a bit light and the finish on the D-ring support surface is not smooth it really needs to be rubbed with the white grease to seat the D-ring better
I opted for the pro alloy versions as it will need to keep up with my 6cell 4.5turn brushless kit.
these alloy outdrives have a very good looking finish on them. the three edged support does make the whole construction a bit easy to fall over when putting it together but once seated and tightened up it is fine.
once run in a bit it really did feel super smooth. compared to the old diff it feels like there is a bit more resistance, i think because the main balls are on a bigger diameter, but much much smoother.

hopefully the weather will clear so i can run it this weekend and i can see how many runs it holds up. the previous version diff lasted about five to six before feeling gritty.