R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 04:44 AM
Stugots
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Fastforward
I am also experiancing the off throttle oversteer issue. It is not tweak. I turned down the steering travel (dual rate) and that helped. maybe I need more expo, I didn't think of that.

I am experiancing this entering a chicane. If I slow down before I get there it is not a problem. It is just being off throttle and the time you enter the chicane. I will try less rear droop but I think I have tried that before.

I am using 3mm shim under both ends of the rear link and .5mm shims under the pivot blocks in the rear. I am running a diff in the front on medium grip carpet

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

BBB
You're off power and it oversteers. Assuming mechanically everything is fine with your car, the rear becoming loose is due to the weight loading the front end which makes the front end roll causing the front tires to grip more than the rear tires. This means the front end is soft. One at a time, try moving front upper shock mount out one hole, raise the front roll center by adding a shim under the blocks or try a little heavier oil up front to keep the car from rolling too much off power.

Or you can change your driving style. I don't know where the chicane is located or how big a chicane it is, but you shouldn't be off power going through the chicane. You should decelerate in a straight line before the chicane and then power through the chicane.