R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 11:06 AM
AndyMoore
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tcmerf
With all due respect i think if you are going to make the new wheels QC then it does not make sense to have the J82 not be QC. I love the QC wheels and dont plan to go back ( so im lazy, so what) You talk about running 2 classes but you are making it very hard to do that running your products. I like your stuff and am thinking about getting a J82 but the fact that i need to have to change out the driveshafts to do it keep me from doing it.
The J82 wheels offset made it difficult to make them in the quick change configuration. Besides that, 1/10th buggies do not use that setup, so it was more to the "look" to not use it.

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
So what you are saying is that you would run a Mod/Stock Truck and J82 using the same truck? If that is the case I would build up an extra set of rear arms including the hub. and just swap them out depending on the class.

I have switched my standard T4 hubs to QC and do not plan on going back. I also race a GT2 so it makes sense to keep the QC rims on my trucks.

I do have a J82 and will be building it from my spare T4 parts.

The J82 Rims are not like the stock T4 rims... they are slightly narrow to keep the appearence of a buggy.

Root,

We need to get you and Andy to a race in the NE

Later
Kevin Boyle
We'll see how the summer schedule goes.

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I wouldnt care so much but the pro-line front t4 wheels suck, Can't wait for the rt5.....

Exactly i just pwned jconcepts with my post........ they werent thinking on that one.

let's come out with a buggy concept for the t4 without QC wheels........

Now lets come out with jconcepts QC t4 wheels .......

the j82 doesnt use qc and the t4wheels do.....

Makes zero sense if it was the standard the j82 should have qc wheels.
It makes plenty of sense, but there are plenty of elements that go into every product decision.