R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 10:38 AM
komkit
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
I dont get why people are having so much trouble with their diffs? Are you guys rushing thru the build? I spend at least 30 minutes building 1 ball diff. I make sure everything is super super clean with motor spray, wiping everything down with clean paper towels. I use motor sprayed q-tips to finish the cleaning.

I've got maybe 35 runs on my ball diffs with no slipping and no broken diff screws. Following the instructions and taking your time is so key.
That is what I would like to know too why am I having such a hard time with Cyclone diff. Perhaps I have been running Xray for so long and was expecting the same quality and design.

If this was my first diff I would agree with you about rushing to put it together. But my first hand on building the diff was with Serpent 6000 back in 80’s, so I guess I can say I have been building a few more diff since then.

Cyclone diff couldn’t need more time to put it together then Xray, Kyosho, Tamiya and the rest of the kits available today. 35 runs on a single rebuilt sound impressive but if you try to run Xray diff you would say WOW 150 runs so and it still smooth like a butter.

I’ll figure it out one way or the other.