R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How do you clean you pipes?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Mugen MBX-5
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by salteen
cooking in anti freeze sounds a little extreme...my wife would freak

Get some oven cleaner and never look back. I really can't believe it hasn't been posted yet. I think it's called EZ-Off and it's safe for chrome finish or hard coated pipes.

Oven cleaner and a little bit of elbow grease will make your pipe look brand new. I clean mine every couple races and it looks good as new every time.
Originally Posted by rcjunky10
The 0000 steel wool works like a champ afterwards take a little rubbing Mother's Chrome polish and you as good as new. Note: the steel wool can be a little messy and you will definitely want to clean the exhaust thoroughly, inside and out, when your done. Something that will help going forward, wipe it down when your done at the end of the day to prevent nasty buildup...good luck!

Also, I've heard of guys using the crock pot, but I think my wife would beat my a#$. She already gets mad when I use her pots to die my wheels!
Originally Posted by HaulinBass
My steamer and a little steel wool work great for me. I too would get the wife beatdown if I filled the crock pot up with antifreeze

wow, you guys gotta be kidding me, aernt you the ones that go out and work all day? jesus christ, thats why im single. the day i let some bitch push me around like that is the day i kill myself.

thats why im single, and will continue to stay single. my dirtbike, dh mtb, and rc car is all i need to be happy, not some dumb broad that thinks the knows everything.