View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 06:15 PM
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
currently..

front:

30wt, .56 pistons, high roll center, low diff, jr link (low) hole #3, arms long (middle spacing), 15# spring, steering 2, spindle 1, .04 sway, 5mm ride height

rear:

30wt, .56, high roll center (was low), low diff (was high), camber link b-4, arms long forward spaced (was back), spring 12.5#, .03 sway. 4.5mm ride height

i have now taken both diffs down and cleaned all the bearings as they were a little gritty, but apart from that were otherwise ok as are the lcd's and cvd's and the spool.. nothing is binding and has been checked and rechecked for tweek. i have put on some other tires (were well worn cs27's)as i only had one set last time to try. hopefully they were a big part of the problem.. also of note is that my car is a light (100 grams) and has a rearward weight bias ~45/55 front/rear.. i know peple like to get these 50/50 or more front biased..
Ride Height: try 5mm front, and 5.5mm rear. This will help much at MDI getting over the bumps much better, and so that your rear doesnt bottom out so much.

Tires: try a fresh pack of tires as you said. Fresher newer tires make a huge difference.

Droop: front droop around 3mm over ride height, as well as rear, especially since you're 100g lighter, you need a bit more suspension travel to get the weight transfered a bit more. If you can, try to add the weight.

Rear Camber Link: you have B4...try B5 or A5 instead to increase rear traction...

Hopefully wednesday night you'll have much better results