R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC8 or LOIS ??
Thread: RC8 or LOIS ??
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 10:00 AM
IanWright
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
Yes... the rc8 i love the car its awsome. i just dont feel safe with it in stock form. the rtr chassis brace imo are better id use them, knuckles change them, shock towers id change them only because i seen after about 3 gallons the carbon shock tower i had started to wear from the pills, then id recommend all the king head hinge pin plates, and also the upper plate.. that imo just to make the car safe to me.. now the rtr shock caps im going to half to buy some of those i here the make it nice to bleed shocks..
So do you already drive one?

After 8 Gallons, i ran a little PVA glue round the inside holes on the shock tower to take out the little bit of wear where the inserts go for the A arms. No other wear on the shock tower, and that was after 8 gallons in two months of HARD use.

The King Headz plates are a waste of time unless you want Bling factor, the plates AE have GIVEN you in the service pack with the kit are now heat treated and more than adequate.

The upper A arm plate IMO is also a waste of money as well unless you want to add a little weight to the front of the car. The plastic one (Also in the free service pack) are plenty strong enough.

The RTR chassis braces are a tuning option if you want to stiffen the chassis but retain a little flex. If you want full flex there is nothing wrong with the standard braces, if you want as little flex as possible the aluminium braces are out by AE and King Headz.

Knuckles, well, that's a choice, I broke one. but then i broke one on my K car once. These are not as strong but i trust my driving more than i used to. May as well wait for the AE upgrade.