R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - where to start
Thread: where to start
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 12:11 AM
bobbitrc
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by $even
Well I have just decided to enter into the RC car scene, and have no idea where to start. My main objective was to buy a 3rd generation camaro z28 with a 350 small block, but thats not very smart of me to buy at 18 years of age. So until I am older, wiser, and insurance isn't sticking it in my butt with no lubrication, I figured why not go into the RC car scene. I always thought RC cars were cool, but never got into them. I figured now would be a good time because I could learn more about motors and how they work, but on a much smaller scale. Anyways, I am looking for a gas powered buggy. Something with crazy amounts of torque, but also will satisfy me when I open it up to top speeds. Something easy to work on, and wont spend all of my money. I don't know even where to start. I have heard of Traxxas, but from what I have heard they aren't a very good company. I would appreciate it if you guys could guide me in the right direction. Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me.
Traxxas. A good brand from my veiw. 1st nitro I got was nitrorustler and have had few hassels. My advice, shop around and see whats out there and get what you can get parts for easly. ( There will be breakages!!!! ).
When you can you can always upgrade.
Good luck