R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - where to start
Thread: where to start
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 PM
$even
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
Lol just a lil piece of advice from me, stay away from the turd gen camaros. They have at the best the TPI 350 in them and no matter how many high school students out there think there 1988 camaro Iroc z is something to cream over. Save a lil extra bank and get you a 4th gen with a real motor in it. I had a 95 LT1 z28 with about $400 invested in the motor running high 12 second quarter miles. Or better yet get an LS1 and be running high 11s for about $1000 worth of work on the motor.

Now as far as the RC thing goes. Your first starting out, deffinatly dont go over the top. If you jump head first in and buy an rc8 yeah you will have an awesome buggy that will be hard to break, but when you break it it is expensive as hell to fix. Not to mention, it just takes time messing with nitro engines to learn how to tune, run, and maintain them. If you jump in to deep you are likely to get frustrated with something, probably the tuning issues and just throw the whole rig in a closet and give up.
haha yea, third gens are terrible all around. I just think the third gens look nice though. I think the fourth gens look too sedan-ish. It would take too much body work to make it look more like a muscle car. First and second gens are way too hard to find and third gens go for next to nothing.

anyways, yea thats why I kinda want to start cheap. If I get the hang of things, and really enjoy it then maybe I will move up.