R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Track in San Diego
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 07:49 PM
nc-hopsing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marzac2
The cars are quite forgiving to drive v.s. 1/10th scale, and dont break as easily. A 1/10th scale driver is going to spend A LOT less on average per year in your RC facility. If you need to make the big bucks, you need to cater to the big crowd.
I dont really totally agree with this. Start up costs for nitro and electric are pretty even if you are going to RACE. I'd venture to say that average yearly costs are pretty equal when all is said and done too. Costs of both classes can spiral out of control easily, and they can be kept in check easily as well. And yes I ran nitro for a while (just cant stand the mess/cleanup).

Now, he's talking about having 1/10 On-road AND off-road. Not just off-road. So you're talking about a bigger spread of racers (other than just 1/8 nitro) with money to spend. Thats twice as many opportunities to have bigger races that can attract crowds as well. Then theres the hassle of seperating practice days up for nitro and electric. I can guarantee that business will be lost if nitro and electric are run together indoors. And thats if he can even actually get permitted to have nitro indoors. Nitro fumes are bad enough outdoors, they will be horrible indoors (I still dont think fans are enough) Oh, and theres having opened bottles of fuel during racing at indoor facility.....fire marshalls would have a field day with that. And what are the guys that like to smoke while refueling cars going to do (and why are they dumb enough to do that?) ? They cant smoke indoors, so they'll have to take breaks outside.

Thats my .02 take it for whats its worth, cause I dont know anything.