R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - novarossi 367 plus 2 engine
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
I hate the Plus cranks. I actaully compared mine to a P5X and it looked like it had less timing. I have since swapped cranks for testing and it became a monster. I will be testing it again as I threw the stock back in for comparison. It runs fine and doesn't shutoff unless you have the LSN needle wrong.
From what I have seen, it appears they made this engine so it uses all the fuel mixture out of the case on each stroke. If you make the LSN too lean, it flames out. Once the LSN is fine, start leaning the HSN needle. It will then start to come alive.
By the way, I had the same issue with a Ninja .28 last week. Would flame out till the LSN was correct. You had to put it on the ground to tune & test it. Seemed fine off the ground. Once you it on the floor, it would flameout. Its been running fine since then. Temps about 240 on the track during racing.
I have seen Ninja's be picky...but it was almost always from people trying to run either cold plugs, or non Ninja plugs, or fuel with too much oil and not a hot enough element.....But its always from outside circumstance as its not a general trait of this engine....

either way I will be modifying a few of these Nova's and most likely will correct any tuning or flameout issues they are having....I will report back once i have some time testing and tuning this mill with my own hands.... I am currently basing what I say off what I see at the tracks with others tuning the engine, and their feedback to me about the engine as compared tothe other mills they own and run... Most racers up here do own a good variety of good engines.... I may end up changing my opinion later down the road, but as it stands right now I do not find the current Nova engines to be overly impressive...