R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Turmoil Pro durability: Better than 8ight?
Old 03-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Cannondale1974
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Turmoil Pro durability: Better than 8ight?

1st post, go easy on me. I'm looking to do some club racing, been out of the hobby for a few years. My primary concern is getting a buggy I can run every weekend and not have to buy replacement parts every other weekend due to wear, developing slop etc. I originally wanted an 8ight but have since learned these wear out quickly and develop slop. The obvious choice is the bullet-proof Mugen 5R but it carries a hefty price tag.

I can get a brand new Turmoil Pro with .21/pipe for $325 locally as they're trying to move it. Will this buggy wear as quickly as the 8ight? I would think it might have the same durability since it's essentially made by the same company? It looks to be built like a tank when I sat it side by side to the Losi. Does the Turmoil Pro develop slop as badly as the 8ight?

Finally, I've heard it's not nearly as competitive as the 8ight's, Mugen's and K cars. Given I will be doing club racing, how noticeable with the difference be? I'm not looking to win everything but I'd like to be somewhat competitve. It's hard to overlook this Turmoil as it will save me approximately $450 right off the bat.

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated, thank you!