R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 09:55 AM
JimmyMac
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, 3Racing chubs.

As for the CVD's. I just happen to be digging around some old parts boxes. And found some CVD's and axle parts from when I ran the Cyclone and also my 415 on carpet/foams. Well I had TC4 thick aluminum bones on the axles. But the axle pins do not fit in the outdrivers for Tamiya cars (however they work on HPI/Hotbodies). Well digging around I found I had my RDX steel bones that I ran on my 415. Anyways, the pro3/4 front MIP CVD axles fit the 416 steering knuckles. You only need to add a 0.2mm axle shim to the inside of the knuckle with the kit standard 0.1mm axle washer to the outside of the knuckle. This'll shim the axle just right without excessive play. The RDX steel CVD fits on and lines right up as if you were using a 46mm bone.

It's something I thought I would play with. I was gonna have to give up my 46mm steel bones to my MRE since I need them to sell the car. So I was looking for an alternative until I found some more 46mm steel bones. Everyplace was out of stock (until I found another set this week).

Digging around some more I found some Square 42mm Ti bones that I had for either my 414 or Evo III. They weigh the same as the Tamiya aluminum 44mm bones at 2g. And they don't wear a groove in the axle joint like the aluminum ones do. So those are on the car as well.