R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 12:08 PM
RedRocketRacing
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
I run the itf with o rings on rear upper deck on carpet rubber tires ,no tweak issues at all,i run low roll center frt mid rear 1.5 sway bar in frt,blue springs frt silver rear 35wt oil and #2 pistons all around,most guys think when the bite comes up you need to stiffen the car,sprongs,oil etc not always true the cat need a certain amount of roll to keep from traction rolling,just my thoughts

my combination does actually allow the car to roll. The high roll center just cuts the side bite and keeps the car from wanting to tractions roll. And my car almost never is chirping the tires in the corner and scrubbing speed. I don't need sway bars to keep the car flat cause I am not digging the car into the corners. I run the blues all the way around since i am cutting the side bite inthe front I need to free up the back to match, so the blues springs all the way around are for balence in the car. I was also able to run as fast on old tires and I was on new tires. The new tires didn't make my car faster, just more precise. I run the thicker oil for the chicanes where there is a quick side to side transfer of weight so the car does not get upset going through. I also was running a losi piston wiht three holes.

When grip comes up I agree, stiffening the car isn't the answer, That is why freeing the car up with roll center adjustment works so well. The High Roll center allows the car to roll thru the center of the corner and maintain momentum. This also helps with gearing. Cause if you can keep the cars momentum up, sometimes you can run a taller gear.

RedRocket