R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 10:07 AM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralph_c
Me too! I changed a whole bundle of car settings before the meeting...
Thats sweet! Im glad to have helped out. Now make sure you kick back your input too so we can all help each other! I think im going to add another shim under all four suspension arm blocks (i think they are .25? Ill have to mic them again) and switch my .030 under the front inner ballstud to .040. Im pretty sure i have some washers to do it (thin gold Trinity motor washers, i think they are .010 or .015 i cant remember), i just have to locate everything again. Then im going to go supersoft on the shock oil (25F/20R) and spring (under 15lbs), and try a thin front and a medium rear swaybar to see if it works better or worse. Im not going to know unless i try it again. I tried going above 20lbs on the springs and the car just started to chatter, and the tires started to squeal (!!!). So theres a limit there where it starts to tighten up too much. I dont want to run any rear anti squat (kickup) or move the rear arm back any, (or use the droop screws either) so i have to find roll control and rear weight transfer control elsewhere. If these changes dont work, i will have to swap the front arms back on the rear of the car and pray i dont get hit! Maybe i can epoxy some more plastic in that area of the arm to help support it in the event of a crash...

L8