R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 07:02 PM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
DaweW, nice infos. Yes, I couldn't find the small ID shims to match the hingepins. I will try to use LOSA5050 as you suggested.
Do you think the steering rack no need large amount of washers if using JRX-S steering knuckles since they are longer?
Less motor changing in brushless era...
Do you have picture with top deck?

I believe the JRX-S and the XXX-S knuckles are indentical except for the addition of that hole further out... it would make sense you could go without at least two of the washers (under each ballstud-4 total) in the steering rack... but i am going off of memory and it has been a while since i have had the JRX-S knuckles in hand. The best thing to do would be compare steering angles under both setups, and see what the differences/similarities are. If you do, let me know what you come up with... i may have to update myself, i dont even know if they offer the XXX-S knuckles anymore.

I dont currently have a pic of the deck on the car, but i will be wrenchin on it this week, and can whip out the parts and provide pix of the parts individually... and mounted on the car. I should have all the spacers/modded camber mounts/screws grouped in a ziploc in one of these boxes somewhere! I didnt even think about brushless motors staying in the car with the topdeck on the tub... i guess it would be no problem in a situation like that!! I DO remember virtually zero flex with it on there... being stiffer than my FTTc4 with the full spine (i had one cut in half to move it fore and aft for differing effect) AND the 4 posts in place...