R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 03:01 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbutstupid
going to try a whole new setup tmr. just installed my short arms. im using 44mm rear shaft and it seems to be very tight and the front im using 46mm with a one way and it also seems very tight.

Rear block using X1B/D and front blocks D/D
wonder if it will cause any problems on the shaft.

i was also using 30mm width rear foam wheel and now changed to 26mm width as the wheels were touching the shock at the bottom.

doubt it will run good as rear tires are narrower now.
46mm on the front will be fine, just remove the O-Ring from the outdrives if your running a one-way. The 3mm thick o-rings are slightly too thick, try and find something ~2 - 2.5mm thick if your worried about the outdrive cups moving. I've found the Much More O-rings are good at this, as they are slightly thinner than the tamiya ones.

As for the rear arms, you might need to remove a little material from the plastic driveshaft blade on the right hand side, as it can touch the top of the diff nut otherwise. Just run the edge of the blade over some sand paper, removing about 0.5mm of material, then you should be good to go.

I would normally say that I'll take some pictures for you this evening, but given that it the 14th, and I've got my missus coming over tonight... so no chance Maybe tomorrow

HiH
Ed

Last edited by TryHard; 02-14-2008 at 03:12 AM.