R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 05:07 PM
outlandr91
Tech Master

I know you posted this a while ago, but I built my shocks as per your instructions and they worked out great, thanks Rob.
Originally Posted by robk
Since it sounds like you have a problem with the shock tops-
1. fill with oil as normal

2. place bladder on top of shock, making sure to let out any air trapped under the bladder.

3. Stack plastic shock end on bladder, then the aluminum blue cap over that.

4. Slowly start to screw on the cap, enough to get the threads started. Push the shaft in almost to the threaded portion. Oil/air may come out.

5. Screw on slightly more, making sure the shaft is not rebounding/sliding out. Everything should feel seated correctly. Continue holding the shaft in as you finish screwing on the cap.

6. Check rebound. You may need to partially loosen the cap if the rebound is too fast/too much, and let some oil out. You'll notice the cap gets to a point where you can feel it's not tight, then you can push in the shaft to get some oil out.

I had to play with the shocks a lot, and I also built a TON of shocks to be able to get a good feel for everything. Once you get the feel, it goes together pretty quick. It's not really hard, but if you just play around a bit, you'll get it.