R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
nitroveins
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
The Losi Lipo comes with a JST connector and the balance connector is a Thunder power type (small pin spacing). The Losi regulator with the switch come with a JST end. The one with no switch is a Hitec style plug and will plug on with changing the ends. I fitted the regulator vertically in the receiver box on the inner side with the receiver on the outer side inside the box. Also, make sure you plug the Lipo to the switch, then the regulator. If the regulator is plugged directly and not disconnected when not running, it will constantly draw on the Lipo and kill it. If you run the switch in between, then turning the switch off will have no effect on the lipo.

As for the battery, you either clip the end off and use the connector you use or open the lipo and install the wire ends you use. I replaced the wire on mine to a Futaba J Plug, since thats what I have and I use a Futaba switch. As for the balance port, use the Common Sense Thunder Power 2 cell adapter to plug onto your chargers balance port. Check and make sure you get the correct pin arrangement. The Losi balance wire polarity is: Outside black wire=common ground for cells, the middle black wire is the B+ for cell one, and the red outer wire is the B+ for cell two.

This is the adapter I use. It for 2 or 3 cells, just align the connector and wires properly:
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...roducts_id=268

The V1 and V2 is the end plug that goes on the charger. The difference is that the lock tab is reversed from V1 to V2 so check you charger and see which end matches. They have other types of adapters so find which one actually fits, just make sure the end is a Thunder Power style plug on the Lipo side.
thanks for all the info please show some pics!