R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Ashley Cobb
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caltek1
G'day Barger,

I run a Mini here in Sydney, on a high traction track. I use TRF shocks with short TRF springs front 50 Wt oil and two hole piston and run same shocks rear with short TRF blue springs with 40 Wt oil, two hole piston. I use the silver swaybar rear on the MO3R. I also use the 5mm internal spacer in all of the shocks and have a total lenght of 56mm.

I run 60D's (Type A's) with the hard tamiya foam insert and run spice 32R rear tyres with the same insert. I also run 1 to 2 degrees toe out front and the 1.5 degree rear MO3R rear uprights.

I have 4.5 to 5mm front ride height and 5 to 6mm rear ride height. Just check to make sure your ride height is not to low as only creates friction and other problems.

I have placed all my electronics in the rear of the chassis, however this is not really that important. I also use 4200 batteries which add more weight to the front.

I have found that Mini setup varies between drivers. I have found this works for me and from here I only tune with different springs and tyres.

When using the Orion 3200 lipo I added weight to the battery and didn't experience any traction roll problems.

Later

Calvin.
With the 1.5 degree rear toe, is that total or each side?

I'm thinking its each side, as I can only find the toe ins that go in 1 degree increments (0,1,2,3 degrees)

thanks