R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:18 PM
sport10
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 8T
Hey all,

I'd like to find out how many others are having problems with the fuel tanks in the 8 and 8T. On my son's 8, we had to replace the cap seal, then the spring, then the tank started leaking from where the fuel line enters, so we replaced the tank. My 8T tank seal went bad so i replaced the whole tank. Last Saturday, my son was running 2nd in expert buggy in a 15 minute main, and with about a minute left, his buggy died. I tried to restart it but nothing. He still finished 4th. When we got home, there was no fuel in the line but the tank was full. I blew into the pressure line from the pipe and no fuel would come out! I pulled the filter out and off the line in the tank, and blew again. Got fuel! I blew into the end of the filter and felt it open up. Now everything works good again. This tank only has about a quart of clean fuel through it. Same fuel is run in my 8T. Always kept capped. I know others have had issues to. What's up? I think were going to eliminate the in tank filter and run external. Any other ideas?

TIA

Jeff
I say don't eliminate the clunk. Without the clunk the fuel system will not operate correctly. This wll cause flameout problems when inverted. Just check to make sure the line and clunk are plumbed far enough and be careful when refueling the buggy. It is very easy to to bend the spring on the cap if you are heavy handed or careless. The only problem I have had with losi's tanks is the line will eventually split where it goes into the tank so you have to replace it every once in a while. Aerotrend medium size tubing works great for this and is more resistant to the high nitro than the stock line that comes with the tank.