R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 01:14 AM
RETRO RC
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
I'm sure its probably in here somewhere, but for the heck of it I'll ask anyway. Has anyone found something better for the stock rubber shock boots? I seem to get holes in them pretty quick and think the if there is a leaky seal in the shock that boot will act like a vacum, pulling out more oil with each stroke. I may have found something that will work until I find a better mouse trap. What I have done is use the stock Jammin orange dust covers that go on the bottom of the shock with the felt inside and work them over the 8ight shock bottom. It is a tight fit and takes some effort to get them seated down as far as they can go. It doesn't seem to bind up the shaft any and have held up so far (about half of last season). I haven't seen the new Jammin shocks, but if that go with something that close to the orange dust boot that had on the smaller shocks, just bigger it could be easier to adapt them to the 8ight shocks.
lose the felt you dont need it as the boots are designed for a 3 mm shalf and the losi shalfs are 4mm I've been using them for almost a year now and they work perfectly without the felt

Adrian