R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Syber Serulean
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

well thats the thing...parts support around here is mainly in the Associated TC5 department and for some reason the TC5 just doesnt draw my attention. Parts support is mainly the realm of TC5 and JRXS-R, and though the R attracts me...i dunno i would rather get something else. The local hobbytown carries AE and Losi really good. No corally, xray, or *double checks*... yay HB is in full force there, sorta! Guess that seals my decision haha. I ran for a super long time carrying no extra parts for my Tc3 (and hardly ever having to buy any) so as long as parts are somewhat available im happy. Ill order the rest online (spare arms, c-hubs, etc).

but yeah. Whats wrong with the diff? I plan on using a sintered 13.5/GTB system and right now my Tc3 needs diff upgrades because its too much for the regular composite diffs.

tell me more about this "new one" on the way you speak of? Was it that 5-cell lookin one ive seen around? Gonna be a huge improvement (like JRXS vs. JRXS-R) or like Xray T2 vs. T2 007? If it isnt shaping up to be a huge thing, ill just get the WCE.

but im cheap and not willing to pay the $460 price tag (its the reason i have not gotten a new TC. I started with a $160 rtr Ofna Ob4 international and that thing rocked my sox off but had no parts support, so after a year and a half i got the FT tc3 for 180 and parts support is STILL strong...). I know a person or two who can get me a nice discount (a friend of mine got a JRXS-R for $250 new through this person...$250 im willing to pay haha).

yeah im cheap. :P