R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi 367 trouble
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 11:44 AM
ezveedub
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Well I came to this thread with the hope of getting some much needed info as I have 2 367's to run this year and am not exactly liking what I am hearing. I have talked to the guys at Fusion and inquired about going with the turbo heads. Chris there gave me two part numbers for turbo heads that I could use with the motors one was the 28011 head and the other was the 28022 head with the 22 being the turbo head off the 359 on road. I still plan to go turbo but am not sure if the OS turbo plugs I have will work right in the Rossi heads. I asked Fusion about that and was told that there maybe a small differance with that plug fitting the head properly. I am not sure why that would be as I was under the impression that a turbo plug was a turbo plug and I would have thought there would be no differance between a Rossi and an OS turbo plug. Anyone heard of this? Not that it matters that much if its what I have to do, but I have a bunch of P3 and P6 plugs left over and would like to be able to use them as those type of plugs can be spendy.
I also asked about the bearing issue and was told that they were aware of it and as far as Fusion knew there was only a 5% fail rate in the motors they sold to date. They did say if I had a problem to let them know and they would take care of it, but just had to be willing to give them a chance to correct it. I think that is fair enough. Anyway any help with the turbo question would be a big help. Thanks.
The O.S. plugs do not fit correctly. They have a larger taper, so it won't go down flush in the button. If you take the head button and screw one in, you'll see. Also, the bearings generally go out aftr about 2 gallons. You may notice the front starts to leak fuel, but I feel its only because the rear gets loose and takes ont the front with it. People are dropping in the Boca 9 ball bearings instead. I would run it and beofer you get to the 2 gallon mark, replace it or both. I used a Boca ultra sealed front bearing. As for the 28011, you will lose the o-ring between the button and block. With the 28022, you will keep the o-ring in place and the prices from fusion is very little difference. Just make sure you get s o-ring with it, as the part number states its included.