R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 03:35 PM
bbunker
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomkelley
I didn't relize that NR made a modified .28. It was generally known that in buggy racing, a modified .21 is just about as good as a bone stock .28. Are you planning on running it in competion? The reason I ask is most racing is trying to keep modifieds out. For instance, for the Midwest series, we were talking about having a claimor rule set at the normal bone stock .28 price for the Midwest Series, that way no modifieds and only bone stock motors are used in competition. I'd recommend a bone stock .28 for starters. I'm not even sure if a modified in this type of vehicle will really be noticiable performance differance anyway.
Thank you for the insight. I was looking at a Hot Mod .28. Your opinion is in line with some of my thoughts. I was originally considering a .21 Ninja, or the .28 ninja. I will not be competing with it, but I am accustomed to 1/8 on road and need the speed! I am concerned about the weight of this car. I realize this car will not be in line with any 1/8 on road I have owned, i just want the best performance I can get out of it. I cannot wait, I think this car is going to be a blast.

Last edited by bbunker; 01-29-2008 at 04:03 PM.