R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HELP!!! Serious Delimma on which way to go...
Old 01-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Robert.Hull
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badKarma
guys, i have a serious problem....here goes: i am going to be purchasing an off road nitro vehicle in the NEAR future...here is the kicker, i am buying this vehicle as a present for my girlfriend's 11 year old son who knows nothing about the hobby...I want to get something that is RTR, but at the same time, something that can be upgradable to a race spec vehicle... i am buying myself a new onroad car, and this gives me an excuse to buy an offroad vehicle to get into that arena too...i was looking at an Associated GT2, but i am hearing that 1/10 Gas Truck is not popular anymore or fading out...so basically, me being an onroad guy...what are the popular classes now? what RTR gas vehicle can i buy that will be fun for him, but also allow me to upgrade it to race spec...to be truthful, im looking for an RTR race platform, plain and simple...i am looking for a truck, either, moster or Truggy, no buggies...can yall please help??
CEN mtarix RTR buggies or Matrix TR RTR truggy are awesome and very durable RTRs and take next to nothing to upgrade to race spec they are decent to race right out the box
check em out at headrushhobbies.com