R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2001, 07:45 PM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RBLove/The Teacher-I'll get Paul Wynn to post his normal traction carpet set up from Grand Rapids and his Stupid High traction setup from Cleveland.

MarkG-You if you bring 2 pairs of Pit 24R's and 2 pairs or Pit 27R's you will be all set for the week of racing. Use Echo J4430M-Medium High Traction Inserts on a light flexible wheel like Pro-Line Velocity of Cross Dish. This is my carpet setup from Minnreg (same type carpet as SnowBirds):

Front:
Shock tower-1
Upper Hub Ball-1
Steering arm-2
Upper a-arm mount-1
Lower suspension arm-1
Hinge pin mount-2 deg
Oil-80wt
Spring-yellow
Piston-2 holes on stock piston
Spacer-none
Length-66mm
Droop-1mm (5mm on Hudy gauge)
Anti-Roll Bar-Stock
Castor-8.5 deg, one spacer in front and behind the upper a-arm mount
Toe in-0 deg
Ride Height-5mm
Camber-1 deg
Lower wishbones-stock, rear position
Driveshafts-stock, plastic

Rear:
Shock tower-1
Upper Hub Ball-1
Upper a-arm mount-1
Lower suspension arm-1
Hinge pin mount-2 deg
Oil-80wt
Spring-yellow
Piston-2 holes on stock piston
Spacer-none
Length-66mm
Droop-1mm (5mm on Hudy gauge)
Anti-Roll Bar-Stock
Anti-squat-none, blocks flat on chassis
Toe in-2 deg
Ride Height-5mm
Camber-1 deg
Lower wishbones-stock, mid position
Driveshafts-stock, plastic

Motor-P2K2 (35/116) and Chameleon2 (34/116)
Drive Pulley-17T
Body- Protoform Stratus
One Way-None
Front Tires-Pit 24R, will try 27R's next time
Rear Tires-Pit 24R
Inserts-Echo J4430 Med, High Traction
Tire Traction-Paragon FX, White can
Chassis-Carbon
ESC-Keyence Zero V Extreme
Cells-Schumacher XVS Stock Metals (G704)

The car handled like a 1/12th car. Lots of steering and corner speed. I will try 27R's next time in front to make the car a bit less responsive.

Ottoman: MDI racing is your best bet. Speedtech R/C is getting thier cars next week.

Sandor-The UK team drivers say the Grey front can be run Stock and Mod as loose as you can make it with no skipping. You should run the rear black belt if you run Mod. The grey rear is only apporved for Stock and 19T Spec mod.

The center link is adjustable. I trimmed the ball cups by 2mm each and installed a 25mm turnbuckle. The top plate slot is big enough that you can adjust it while it attached. Making it longer will reduce ackermann to a point and make the car more stable off center.

Cornerspeed-The screw holes on the kits you guys are getting are larger than on my preproduction kit! After about 20 screws I chucked a 2mm driver in my cordless drill/screwdriver and things went a lot easier. If you use the stock self tapping screws the car goes together very easily. If you have to have to use hex screws get a tap!