R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Engine Recommendation
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 10:02 PM
3mpi
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DPowers
novarossi p5x or a jammin 21
I had alot of troubles with the Jammin' 21, I love their products however mine had a warped head button and a hairline crack in the crank case making it nearly impossible to properly tune or keep running. About 4 other local guys had similar issues. We may have got a bad batch in at the LHS as I had one of the first ones available. However, before I started encountering these problems (After I started running it on the track) It broke in great, good temps, What appeared to be decent runtime coupled with a JP3 and not short on power by any means.

After I had that little issue I Purchased a VZB V Spec and couldnt be happier. I put 5 gallons on it last season and never had a single issue. It's the most reliable engine I have ever seen... Idles like a dream, produces awesome power, and has outstanding run time. As far as pipes go, its been suggested to look at the OS 2050 and 2060 WN. These are both great pipes, the 2050 has a little more oomph while the 2060 has a smoother power band. I was getting around 8-9 min/tank running in the 250-260 *F range. if you want to increase your runtime try out the JP3, worked awesome on every track I used it on and an average of 9-11 (starting to lean on the top side of 11 min) min/tank for me (Temping at 245-255 for these figures)... however, the JP3 seemed to sacrifices a little bit of power when compared to the 2050/2060 in my experiences.

Last edited by 3mpi; 01-22-2008 at 10:05 PM. Reason: .