R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Got a few questions about motor mounts and backplates.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Mugen MBX-5
Tech Regular

cancel that^^

i was just able to cut off the back of the stock mugen engine mount with a drill... drilling 2 holes, then snapping the piece off, and i filed it to make it flat on the cement. so, with some minor cutting and filing of metal.. i eventually got it to fit

bad thing is i had to cut off the 2 rear screw holes.. the ones that attach the engine mount to the buggy chassis, so its only being held on by the front 2... dont know if that will be a problem, i just started my engine up and it seemed to be working fine, dont know if it can haldle WOT though...

do you guys know if the lrp .28 engine.. which is made for a truggy and puts out approx 3.8 HP.. will that tear up the mugens stock drive shafts and bearings and stuff?

i also started it to see if it would start after being taken apart for 1 month, and man did it ever sound nice. i heard how it screams and seen how fast those tires spin as i opened the throttle arm with my fingers (no electronics yet) and remembered how fun these expensive little buggers are. i cant wait to get those electronics and rip up this all this damn snow!

all i need to 100% confirm is my cable/charger thing above this post

and im also thinking of getting this temp thermometer,if i get it, do i need anything else to go with it?

http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...idproduct=1804

and i heard glowplugs go fast.. may as well stock up on those. do they come out with no problem? i dont need a special tool? why do glowplugs have differnet heats? from cold to turbo extreme hot, what glowplug should i use for a lrp .28 zspec that probably isint tuned right and runs in the cold?

Last edited by Mugen MBX-5; 01-17-2008 at 07:09 PM.