R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2003, 10:22 AM
izzyracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

I must have missed a discussion in here or something?

About the Surikan EVOIII. I get them through a distributor just like every shop, and I do my general mark up on a kit and that's how we come up with the price of $370. I don't get special discount or anything, every shop in the US gets them for the same price. A lot of shop like to mark up more on a "limited" or "Special" labled kit, for us, it doesn't work that way. Every kit that comes in here gets the same mark up, regardless if it is limited edition or not.

Now the topic on lower price. That's just my personal business philosphy: The more you can reduce the cost (price) in general, the easier it is to attract more people into the hobby. It's a very simple philosphy followed by many companies in the R/C industry and other industries as well. Of course other important factors goes along with the growth of the customer base (service and tech support) but price obviously is one of the important factor that makes the sale at the end. And this philosphy goes across the board, high end or lower end R/C cars and equipment. Because your idea of "high end" might be low end to someone else, so it is not so cut and dry.

I would really like to shed this image (if there is one) of Speed Tech R/C being an online shop only and we are always trying to undercut other shops. I would like to think that our prices, although not the best in the world, are honest and fair prices, and our service and tech support makes up for what we fall short on prices. We are not just an online shop, we are one of your local hobby store in the southern california area. And throughout the years we helped many start off in this hobby, and we've shared the driverstand with many that are into R/C racing (many of you on this messageboard )

Now, I must apologize for my long posts, but certain topic just can't be left unanswered (or maybe I should've just stay out of it? )

Thanks for reading guys, hope I didn't put too many of you to sleep.

Steve Wang
Go Steve!