R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2003, 08:55 PM
Kenshin
Tech Adept

Originally posted by smash123
Kenshin: I think your logic can't be apply on this RC industry. Low price doesn't really mean more people come to this rc racing. No matter how the low price for rc racing item, it is consider expensive hobby for everybody. I never heard one said RC racing is cheap.
Serious buyers for Surikarn are going to get it anyway. Just matter of time. Of course, now they see Steve is selling this for unbeatable low $370. Everyone would wait for his shipment. I don't see any point a new buyer would buy a Surikarn for $370. I doubt how many people would now thinking getting Surikarn because it is now $370. For sure some people may tell you, "yeah, it is now only $370. I must get it". According by my experience, they usually have no real action.
Well, smash123, I disagree. Not everybody in this hobby is into rc racing and the RC industry does not depend on rc racing alone. A lot are backyard bashers, weekend flyers, and leisure boaters. But for the people who are serious, will try to find the lowest price around. And oh yes, smart buyers will and do wait to get something for a cheaper price. I for one, was thinking of getting a Surikarn but when I saw the prices on eBay for $429 or even $475, I decided to wait and see for it was too rich for my blood. But as soon as I saw Speedtech got it on pre-order for $370, I am on the list baby! And I am sure I am not the only one.