R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 01:16 PM
TRFwhitey
Tech Apprentice

Default re

Hey guys, i have been testing a few things and have come up with some good results. I will be posting a setup asap.

As for bushings in your shocks i have tried almost everything. People at my local track refer to me as the "shock guy" lol. I found the bushings tend to make the car respond too quickly making the car difficult to drive. One thing i have always done is run 100-75% rebound but i control the speed of the piston using muchmore shock o-rings, they come in 30-50 degree ratings. I rarely use anything on top of the diaphram but if i do i use muchmore foam inserts which come in different thicknesses. So for tighter tracks with shicanes i would use full rebound and higher piston speed and for longer more flowing tracks i would use between 100-75% rebound but with a slower piston speed. Hope this makes sense to you guys.

Heres a shock tip(tamiya only):

when installing the pistons onto the piston shafts place a .2mm spacer under the piston to take out any slop. Also i like to trader out the lower plastic bushing(not the guide piece) for a 2nd o-ring. When you do this the shock will be a little more consistent and you can really fine tune piston speed with this setup.

I prefer Muchmore Perfect Silicone O-ring 40deg using muchmores shock slime.